How do you make a Google document header more professional or academic? To do this, think about what information you could add to your document headers and footers. Some common options include page numbers, document details, company names, etc. Not all documents require information to be entered in the header or footer, but in this article about Google Docs header, we’ll talk about what is typically put in these margins.
Set headers only on the front of the screen in Word
Please follow these steps:
- Launch Microsoft Word.
- Go to the appropriate Word 2016 / 2021 document.
- Browse to the beginning of your document.
- Click Insert in the top navigation bar, then click Header, then click your Header in the list of available built-in headers. Select Edit Header if you’ve already created a header for your first page.
- The header and footer design window opens.
- In the section options, check the box First different page. This will do the trick for sure.
- Now is the time to create the header. The author, subject, title, name of the company, contact information, publishing date and other features of the document can be used in your header by pressing the Quick Parts button. The Document Information option also allows you to choose from a variety of file attributes.
- At this step, you can incorporate page numbers into your document. The numbers can only be displayed on the first page of your document.
- When you are finished, click on the option Close the header and footer.
Insert Google Docs Header
let’s insert a header by double-clicking it is another way is to go to insert hover over Google Docs header and footer then select either header or footers type the information you want to include click the escape key on your keyboard to close out of the Google Docs header or click below it now looking at the bottom margin in addition you could also add your document in Google Drive.
Addition of page numbers to the Google Docs header or footer
let’s insert a footer or google header by double-clicking it let’s add page numbers to this document go to insert hover over page numbers then select the style that you want as you can see the page numbers show up in the footer now we’ll include the page count type of next to the page number then go to insert hover over page numbers then select page count the total number of pages appears next to it.
Verification of the first different page on Google Docs header
what is typed in the Google Docs header and footer will show up on every page unless you check a different first page your header and footer now appear on the following page since most professional and academic documents follow similar formatting for the header and footer, check with your manager or teacher about what they’d prefer there the process is a little different on a mobile device you’ll need to have downloaded the Google Docs mobile app.
To demonstrate the mobile process of Google Docs header
the process is a little different on a mobile device you’ll need to have downloaded the Google Docs mobile app we can’t see the margins tap the three dots then select print layout the margins are now visible double tap the top margin
Inserting a Google Docs header (mobile)
the insertion point appears in the Google Docs header, type the information you want to include tap the checkmark when done let’s add page numbers to the footer
Adding page numbers to the footer (mobile)
page numbers to the footer double-tap the bottom margin the insertion point appears there to tap the plus sign on the toolbar scroll down to select page number then select the style you want to tap the checkmark when done there are some limitations when using the Google Docs mobile app currently the page count and different first page features do not exist on a mobile device we recommend using a desktop computer to use the headers and footers help frame your document depending on the type of google doc you are creating it is up to you if you want to add information to these sections or omit them entirely GCF global creating opportunities for a better life