How to Unlock a Locked Zoom Account
The most certain thing is that 2020 & 2021 have been unusual years. Whereas the whole world has turned online. Most people are now doing their office work from home, and children are also not lagging behind, they are also doing their studies online at home. This type of virtual communication has brought great benefits to many people across the world. One of these digital platforms is Zoom which has been created in recent years for this purpose, it is also good to know what this application is for. Zoom App has been, therefore, the most effective and practical means of communication.
Zoom is also the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems
If a user attempts to log into Zoom too many times, Zoom proactively locks their account to prevent abuse.
These users will need to successfully authenticate at gmu.zoom.us with their NetID and Patriot Pass Password to unlock their account. They may also:
- Contact ITS via the Zoom Support button on the Zoom service page
- Contact the ITS Support Center
- Or wait 30 minutes
Locked out of your Zoom account or can’t remember your password? Read this article to learn how to unlock a locked Zoom account.
How to unlock a locked zoom account:
The unlocking method is not that difficult. Follow these steps to unlock a locked Zoom account.
Go to Zoom.us/signin and sign in with your Zoom username and password.
On the left section of the screen, find the user/account holder whose account needs to be unlocked under the ” Admin ” heading by clicking User Management, and then Users from the drop-down menu.
Find the user you need to unlock by clicking their email address.
How to Unlock a Zoom account if you can’t remeùber your password:
If you access your Zoom user or as a guest it is necessary to enter a password, if we forget it and repeatedly try to enter it by entering the wrong password, it will be blocked by unsuccessful attempts. These Zoom accounts have a security system to prevent anyone from accessing our accounts, when they are blocked due to unsuccessful attempts, they can be recovered.
If you’ve tried logging in to your Zoom account and entered an incorrect password too many times, you may find yourself locked out of your account. Luckily, there’s an easy solution.
- First, click Forgot.
- Then, type in the email address you used to create your Zoom account.
- Click the checkbox labeled “I’m Not a Robot” and complete the captcha if necessary.
- Then click Send.
- Next, check your email inbox for a message from Zoom.
- Click the link within the email to get to the password reset page.
- Now you can type in what you’d like your new Zoom password to be.
- Your password must meet the parameters listed and have at least 8 characters, at least one letter, at least one number, and include both upper case and lower case characters.
- Enter your new password in both text boxes to confirm, then click Save.
- Once that’s done, your Zoom password will be changed and you should be able to access your Zoom account as normal.
- You’ll also receive an email to confirm these changes.
P.S: If you have an urgent need to create or access a meeting and you cannot recover your account. We recommend that you create a new account, you must do it with a different email than the one you used in your previous account.